VIDEO: How to make caramel apple cake pops
With fall comes cold weather, but the season also brings many delicious foods, like the classic caramel apple. This video will show you how to make a tasty fusion of cake pops and caramel apples for the fall season. Read on for some tricks to successfully make these delicious treats.
Candy Melt Instructions:
1. Place the candy melts in a bowl or mug.
2. Microwave for thirty seconds.
3. Stir the candy melts.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until completely melted.
Note: There should be instructions on the bag of candy melts as well.
The caramel sauce recipe can be found here.
Note: Adjust thickness by adding additional caramel pieces or additional milk.
- I used a Caramel Apple Cupcake cake mix, but you can use any cake mix you like.
- When you flour the cake pop pan, smear the flour with your fingers. This will help ensure that the flour coats the entire pan.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop batter into the pan.
- Gently wiggle the cake pop pan while prying the two sides apart. This will help prevent the cake pops from tearing in half.
- Use a knife to help get each cake pop out.
- When you insert a cake pop stick, push the melted candy from the side into the hole you previously made.
- The caramel sauce should be a medium consistency. It shouldn’t be thin enough that it pools of the cake pop, but it needs to be thin enough that the caramel will not pull the cake pop off the stick.
- Let the caramel sauce cool before you use it, otherwise it will melt the candy coating on the cake pops.